Concurrent enrollment provides an opportunity for SCC students to take CSU and UC
courses while enrolled at SCC. Please meet with a SCC counselor or a transfer representative
for further information.
SB 1914 Cross Enrollment Legislation (CA Ed Code 66750 - 66756) allows students enrolled in any campus of the California Community Colleges, the California State University, or the University of California may enroll without formal admission in a maximum of one course per academic term at a campus of either of the other systems on a space available basis at the discretion of the appropriate campus authorities on both campuses. Enrollment is excluded in the following areas: Remedial, Summer Session, Graduate.
These are the student eligibility guidelines under the law for the Cross Enrollment Program under SB 1914.
- Admission to a course is on a space available basis at the discretion of the host campus.
- The student has completed at least one term at the host campus as a matriculated student.
- The student is taking at least six units at the home campus during the current term.
- The student has at least a 2.0 GPA for work already completed.
- The student has paid the appropriate tuition required by home campus for the semester in which the student seeks to cross-enroll.
- The student has the appropriate academic preparation, as determined by the host campus, consistent with the standard applied to currently enrolled students, i.e., met any prerequisites.
- Extension, summer session, and other courses not supported by the state are excluded.
**Because this program is not known by all faculty at all campuses, it is strongly encouraged to download and print the following document to provide information.**
UC Berkeley Concurrent Enrollment Program:
- Download/Print and fill in the UC Berkeley Cross Enrollment Form
- Have a Counselor at your home campus verify eligibility and sign the form.
- Go to the class on the first day of instruction at the host university and request permission from the instructor to enroll in their class. If granted, have the instructor sign the form.
- Take form with all necessary signatures to Ms. D’Nean Perkins in Sproul Hall Room 123, Rm. 5404.
- Along with petition, bring to UCB a check or money order made payable to UC Regents for the appropriate amount of the course. The courses are $46 per unit. Once your application has been processed you will be given access to online course materials and the library for the term of enrollment.
- Provide a copy of fully signed petition to your home campus Counselor.
UC Davis Intersegmental Cross Enrollment Program:
- Fill in the Intersegmental Cross-Enrollment Form (D063) and have your home campus Admissions & Records or Dean of Counseling verify eligibility and sign the form.
- Go to the class on the first day of instruction at the host university and request permission from the instructor to enroll in their class. If granted, have the instructor sign the form, making sure the course title and CRN are included.
- Take the completed form to the UC Davis Office of the Registrar (3100 Dutton Hall) after the 12th day of instruction at Davis
- Be prepared to pay for the course at the time you turn in the paperwork. Courses are $46 per unit.
- Provide a copy of fully signed form to your home campus Counseling Services Office.
CSU East Bay Concurrent Enrollment Program:
- Fill in the Application for Intrasystem Concurrent or Visitor Enrollment form, reading the instructions very carefully. It is recommended to meet with a counselor.
- Home campus portion can be signed by Dean of Counseling in Counseling Services.