The Transfer Center is a student support service which provides prospective transfer students with direction and assistance in navigating the transfer process. Obtaining regular assistance with transfer planning is essential for a successful transition to four-year universities and colleges. Some of the services we offer include connecting you with university representatives, holding transfer-related workshops and transfer fairs, helping you access information on transfer websites, assistance with researching colleges, and campus tours. Please visit our Center for guidance. We are here to help you!
How To Navigate Our Website
This website offers resources for students in every stage of the transfer process. We know some transfer terms and information can be brand-new and confusing, so please use the following information to help you navigate the pages on the left-hand menu on our website:
- The Events Calendar includes information about the Transfer Center hours, 4-year university representative visits, and workshops or other transfer-related activities.
- The Transfer Fair page includes information about recent and future Transfer Fairs, which are held once every Fall and Spring semesters. These fairs give you an opportunity to meet with university representatives from a wide range of schools.
- The General Education page is an archive for the CSU and IGETC general education patterns. Following these worksheets can help you meet the admissions requirements for CSUs, UCs, and other universities.
- The Steps to Transfer page takes you through the entire transfer process step by step. If you are new to the transfer process, or if you have applied to colleges and are wondering what happens next, you should start here.
- The Transfer Agreements page lists the various admissions agreements we have with public and private institutions inside and outside of California.
- The BA/BS at Solano page lists the programs that are offered either through Solano or at Solano that are great options for students looking to earn a 4-year degree and stay close to home.
- The Concurrent Enrollment page is an overview about our agreements with four-year institutions that allow eligible Solano students to take classes at their universities.
- The UC and CSU Resources page offers additional resources for students looking to transfer to UC and CSU.
- The Paying for College page includes information about scholarship and grant opportunities at 4-year universities.
Transfer Center Hours
The Transfer Center will be operating virtually for the Fall 2020 semester. Schedule an appointment to meet with the Transfer Center Coordinator by emailing email@example.com. You can also find Zoom drop-in hours weekly on the Transfer Center Events Calendar (link on the left-hand menu). We appreciate your patience during this time.
Emily Burt, Transfer Center Coordinator
Phone: (707) 864-7158
Location: 400 Building, Room 402
Sign up for the Transfer Center Newsletter here: https://solanocc.wufoo.com/forms/solano-transfer-center-newsletter-signup/
Looking for an old edition? View the newsletter archive here.
Looking for the contact information for one of our university representatives? Fill out the interest form found at tinyurl.com/solanorepcontact and we can share the representative's contact information with you.
Summer 2020 Events
CSU Application Workshop
Tuesday, August 11th, 10 AM
https://csus.zoom.us/j/96166174090 (call-in information can be found on the Transfer Center Events Calendar)
This workshop, presented by Sacramento State representative Tommy Ngo, will provide an overview about how to fill out the CSU application. We strongly encourage students who are planning on applying for Spring 2021 to attend.