SCC Home » Student Services » Financial Aid » CA Dream Act
Dream Act Information
What is the California Dream Act?
The Dream Act is really two laws that were passed in 2011 and allow AB 540 students to apply for and receive several types of financial aid, including:
- Board of Governors Fee Waivers
- State financial aid like Cal Grants and Chafee Grants
- Assistance from EOPS, CARE or CalWORKs
- Privately-funded scholarships
Check with your college financial aid, scholarship, EOPS/CARE and CalWORKs offices to see what is available.
What is an AB 540 student?
You are an AB 540 student, and exempt from paying non-resident enrollment fees, if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Attended a California high school for at least three years;
- Graduated from a California high school, got a GED or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam;
- Are registered or enrolled at a California community college;
- If required, complete an affidavit saying you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for legal immigration status.
Please contact your college Admissions Office to determine if you are AB 540 eligible.
Available Types of Aid:
CA Dream Act application links:
|CA Dream Application:||https://dream.csac.ca.gov/|
|BOG Fee Waiver:||SCC Feewaiver|