SCC Home » Student Services » Counseling » Counseling Services
- Counseling Hours
- Counseling Services
- How to Make a Counseling Appointment
- Types of Counseling
- Ways to Meet with a Counselor
Types of Counseling
Solano College offers the following types of counseling, free of charge:
- Academic Counseling - assistance to students in selecting a major, educational planning, certificate, associate degree and transfer requirements
- Academic problems - strategies for students to effectively deal with low grades, academic robation, academic disqualification and time management
- Athletic Counseling
- Career Center
- Career Counseling - assistance to students in developing career goals based on their interests, abilities and achievements.
Other helpful resources include:
- A Career Planning class, COUN 50
- Disability Services Program (DSP) - a program that provides services for students with physical, communication, learning disabilities, psychological disabilities or other medical problems
- E-Counseling - for general counseling questions—no access to social security numbers or transcripts
- Express Counselor (New Service)
Fairfield Campus Vallejo Campus Vacaville Campus Monday & Thursday
8:30 am – 6:00 pm
Monday 8:30 am – 11:30am
Thursday 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Monday 8:30 am – 11:30am
Thursday 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Questions that can be asked are:
- Add/drop classes
- Applying to universities (example: dates/deadlines, application websites)
- General Information
- Prerequisite clearance
- Review of assessment results
- Special admission (K-12)
- Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) - a program that offers services to students who are both financially and educationally disadvantaged
- International Student Program - a program that provides couseling and assistance to students from other countries who are studying on F-1 Visas
- Puente Project - a program designed to increase the number of educationally underserved students who enroll in four-year colleges and universities, earn degrees and return to the community as leaders and mentors to future generations (The Puente Project is open to all interested students.)
- Personal and Crisis Counseling - assistance to students with personal or other issues which may impact their educational progress and referrals to campus and community resources
- Transfer Center - access to information to facilitate transfer to four-year colleges, universities and vocational schools, and/or career life pursuits for students
- Veteran's Affairs - assistance to veterans or qualified dependents in applying for and receiving education benefits for various G.I. bills
Ways to Meet with a Counselor
Students are encouraged to meet with a counselor at least once a semester. You may avoid the crowds by making a counseling appointment before registration begins and after late-registration ends each semester.
E-Counseling is available for general academic information only.
You must have an Application for Admission on file before meeting with a counselor. You may submit your application online using CCC Apply.
If you are a new student, you should take our English and Math Assessment Test first and bring a copy of your high school transcript to the meeting.
If you are transferring from another college, you should bring a copy of your previous college transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
Who can make an appointment online?
- Continuing students who have 0-14 units from another college.
- Continuing students who have 15 or more units from another college, which have been previously reviewed by a Solano Community College counselor.
Prospective or new students who plan to attend Solano Community College do not have access to the system. Please follow the instructions for New Students.
If you are experiencing a crisis do not schedule an appointment, please call (707) 864-7101.
How to Make a Counseling Appointment
- In Person (Fairfield Main Campus, Vallejo Center or Vacaville Center)
- Online Appointment Booking System
- Call the campus of your choice
Please Note: Call for office hours. Counseling hours are subject to change.
Counseling HoursMain Campus (Bldg. 400)
4000 Suisun Valley Rd.
Fairfield, CA 94534
(707) 864-7101, General Information
545 Columbus Parkway
Vallejo, CA 94590
2001 North Village Parkway
Vacaville, CA 95688
Travis Air Force Base
530 Hickam Ave, Bldg. 249, University Center
Travis Air Force Base, CA 94535
By appointment only - Limited to Military Personnel, Dependents, and Civilian Base Employees
Please call for an appointment.
Counseling Services Provided
- Long-term individual education plans (IEP)
- Transfer admission agreements (TAA) for UC Davis
- Guaranteed admission for transfer entry (GATE) for Santa Cruz
- Transcript evaluation
- Graduation check for certificates and degrees
- Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC)
or California State University (CSU) pre-certification
- Career/Personal counseling
- Four-year university application, personal statement
- Transfer preparation for multiple schools
- Academic difficulty
- Course selection
- Prerequisite/eligibility for classes
- Referrals (tutoring, financial aid, etc.)
- Success strategies for academic difficulties
- General information
- Crisis assistance and referral
- Academic petitions