This program is designed to prepare graduates for employment in the automotive industry as apprentice mechanics, parts people, service station attendants or specialists in one of the many areas in, or jobs related to, the automotive industry.
Certificate of Achievement and Associate in Science Degree
A Certificate of Achievement can be obtained by completing the 40-unit major below.
The Associate in Science Degree can be obtained upon completion of 61 units, including
the major, and the general education requirements. All courses in the major must be
completed with a grade of C or better, or a P if the course is taken on a Pass/No
Students will have the option to earn a Certificate, or Associate in Science Degree in the following:
- Hybrid and Alternative Fuels
Students will be trained to take the following ASE Certification Examinations:
- A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, C1, & G1
- Plus State Smog Inspector & Smog Check Repair Technician License Examination
- ATEC 130 Automotive Systems
- ATEC 131 Automotive Electrical Systems
- ATEC 132 Automotive Brakes and Suspension Systems
- ATEC 133 Internal Combustion Engines and Power Transmission
- BUS 005 Introduction to Business
- IT 110 Modern Welding
- IT 140 Industrial Materials
- OCED 090 Occupational Work Experience
- OCED 091 General Work Experience
See the College Catalog for information on individual classes.
Professor, Auto Technology