SCC Home » Campus & Community » Accreditation » IEPI
Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative (IEPI)
The goal of this initiative is to help advance colleges’ institutional effectiveness and in the process, significantly reduce the number of accreditation sanctions and audit issues, and most importantly, enhance the system’s ability to effectively serve students. An important focus of the grant is to draw on the exceptional expertise and innovation from within the system in advancing best practices and avoiding potential pitfalls.
There are 3 major components of the IEPI:
- Technical Assistance Teams – Solano Community College is proud to participate in the pilot phase of this program. Technical Assistance Teams are comprised of experts from community colleges and professional organizations that assist colleges with identifying solutions to challenges that may affect audit findings. SCC’s first visit from the Technical Assistance Team took place on May 26th 2015 with 2 additional visits forthcoming.
- Enhance Professional Development Opportunities: An online clearinghouse will be developed that will include effective practices and pitfalls to avoid related to accreditation and audit issues.
- Development of a Statewide Indicator System – Colleges will submit data related to student performance and outcomes, accreditation status and fiscal viability.
Adopting Framework and Goals: Solano Community College adopted goals for each of the three areas identified below within established Shared Governance processes and with approval by the Board of Trustees on June 3, 2015.
- Student performance and outcomes
- Completion Rate
- Remedial Rate
- Career Technical Education Rate
- Successful Course Completion
- Completion of Degrees
- Completion of Certificates
- Number of Students who Transfer to 4-Year Institutions, including CSU, UC, or Private Universities in 2013-14
- Accreditation Status
- Accreditation Status
- Date of Next Visit
- Fiscal Viability and State & Federal Programmatic Compliance
- Salary and Benefits
- Full-Time Equivalent Students
- Annual Operating Excess/Deficiency
- Fund Balance
- Cash Balance
- Audit Findings
SCC IEPI Indicators
For more information on the Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative, please visit the following websites:
California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office, Institutional Effectiveness Division:
Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative Advisory Committee, Framework of Indicators:
http://extranet.cccco.edu/Portals/1/InstitutionalEffectiveness/Attachment 2A - IE Framework of Indicators.pdf