Veterans Resource Center
|Veterans Online Benefit Overview|
- There are withdraw options even though we are past the "Withdraw with a W" date. Please visit this page for information on how to do it. BE ADVISED that the withdraw could impact your VA Education Benefit. Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information on how it would impact your VA Benefit.
- Hotline for students who might be struggling with basics such as Laptops, Food & Security, or other essential things normally offered on campus. Phone: extension: 4440; E-mail: Early.Alert@solano.edu.
- Solano Community College Financial Emergency Aid Information
- Students can access FREE online tutoring by logging into your CANVAS, navigate into one of your courses, and click NetTutor from the menu on the left side.
- Students using a VA Benefit can now submit schedule changes using PDF-Fillable forms to our email email@example.com.
- Appointments with our Veteran Designated Education Counselor are available through Phone or Zoom (Video) Appointments.
***NEW Veterans Resource Center Telephone & E-mail Hours of Operations Until Further Notice
|Monday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 1:00 pm|
***The Veterans Resource Center IS NOT open for conducting business in-person at this time, we will update our hours when that changes.***
General Office Information
Center Phone Number:
Email address: Veterans@solano.edu
Veteran & Active-duty Service Members
Summer & Fall 2020 Priority Registration Date
Friday, April 27, 2020, starting at 9:30 A.M.
For more information on Priority Registration visit the Priority Registration Page
Solano Community College is an approved educational institution by the CA Department of Consumer Affairs Bureau for Private and Vocational Education, under Title 38, United States Code and Department of Defense. The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) provides assistance to Veterans, Active-duty, Reservists, National Guard, and eligible dependents of Veterans and Active-duty in their pursuit of an education, obtaining their Veterans Education Benefits (including VA work-study), DoD Tuition Assistance and My CAA. The student will receive assistance in filing for benefits, counseling through our Veterans Counselor and Active-duty Counselor on staff and we will act as the liaison between the Government Agency and the student.
Located in Building 2700, Room 2750
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill