Technology Services and Support staff value all customer information and ensure that all information is treated with the utmost respect. All Technology and Support staff have signed the following Confidentiality statements.
Security and confidentiality are matters of concern to all Solano Community College District (SCCD) employees and contract staff, including all persons who have access to student, financial, and employee records.
SCCD is bound by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), a federal law regarding the privacy of student records. SCCD and its employees are also bound by other federal and state laws, including HIPAA and other medical information protection laws, the Graham-Leach-Bliley Act and PCIDSS laws and regulations protecting payment card and financial information, and California's Information Practices Act of 1977, to protect financial, employment and medical records. (These laws and regulations are outlined on the reverse side of this document.)
All SCCD employee and student records are to be considered confidential and, therefore, each employee of SCCD is responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of these records. This also applies to current or former students who are employed by the District or who are extended work experience opportunities involving access to student, financial or employee records. Regardless of employment status, these students take on the same responsibility as an employee with respect to maintaining security and confidentiality.
An individual's conduct, either on or off the job, may threaten the security and confidentiality of records. Each employee and/or student employee/representative and/or contract staff member is expected to adhere to the following rules and regulations:
- Employees/Student Employees/Contract Staff will not access or use, or allow others to access or use, any unauthorized information or records maintained, stored or processed by the District.
- Employees/Student Employees/Contract Staff will not seek personal benefit, or allow others to seek personal benefit, by using any confidential knowledge or information acquired by virtue of their work assignment or access to District records.
- Employees/Student Employees/Contract Staff will not exhibit or divulge the contents of any record or report to any person except in the conduct of their work assignment and in accordance with the District policies and procedures.
- Employees/Student Employees/Contract Staff are responsible to know and understand the security and confidentiality policies and procedures particular to their work assignment.
- Employees/Student Employees/Contract Staff will not knowingly include or cause to be included in any report or record a false, inaccurate or misleading data. Employees/Student Employees/Contract Staff will not knowingly expunge or cause to be expunged any record, transaction or report of data entry.
- Employees/Student Employees/Contract Staff will not remove any official record or report, or copy thereof, from the office where it is maintained except in performance of their job-related duties.
- Employees/Student Employees/Contract Staff will not aid, abet or act in conspiracy with another to violate any part of this code.
- Any knowledge of a violation of this Confidentiality Agreement must be reported to the supervisor immediately.
- Employees/Student Employees/Contract Staff are responsible for the security and confidentiality of their individual Banner ID and Password and their use access gained through use of the system.