Solano College Library
Things to Know
The library's laptop/chromebook collection is a first come, first served collection. By borrowing a library device, the student agrees to return the device in the same condition in which it was loaned out and agrees that they are liable for damages to the device.
- You must be a Solano College student and have your Solano ID# on your library account. Please verify before check out.
- Device must be returned to the Library from which it was borrowed. (FFD, VACA, VJO)
- Late fees are $10/hour. Student records will not be held for late fees.
- Student records will be held until Loss/Damage fines are paid.
- Return the device directly to a library staff person (do not put devices in the book drop).
- Can be checked out for 24 hours. Must be returned with power cord or will be fined $40 for cords.
- $500.00 fine for Loss/Damage. If damage is less, student will be charged that amount.
- Chromebooks do NOT have PaperCut print software on them
- Library use only! 4 hour checkout without power cords.
- Has PaperCut software on them to print in Library
- $1000.00 fine for Loss/Damage. If damage is less, student will be charged that amount.
- Laptops will "wipe" once you restart them; use external or cloud storage to save your documents as they will be lost should the computer reboot.
Lost or Stolen Device and/or Associated Equipment
In the event the device or related equipment is lost or stolen, the student must file a police report and contact the library within 48 hours. To file a police report, you must immediately notify the local police (and campus police/sheriff if the theft occurred on campus). After filing a report with the police, you must provide the library with a copy of the police report. Failure to file a report of stolen property with the police will result in the student's liability for the above-mentioned fines for loss/damage.