SCC Home » Academics » School of Applied Technology & Business » Alternative and Renewable Fuel Vehicle Technology Program
Alternative and Renewable Fuel Vehicle Technology Program
The entire world is making bold moves toward more fuel efficient vehicles of all types. California continues to lead the nation in Hybrid sales out performing all other States. The occupational group most affected by the alternative fuels movement is the Automotive Technicians and Mechanics.
Our Hybrid maintenance training program will include Hybrid Safety, Basic Maintenance, Diagnostics, and Repair. The skills students will acquire enable them to respond to the expanding demand for Hybrid maintenance technicians.
Are you interested in being a workforce member of the emerging "Green" transportation workforce? If so, you will want to enroll in our Alternative and Renewable Fuels Vehicle Training Program.
The Curriculum was designed by industry experts and was approved by the California State Energy Commission.
- 18 years or older
- Right to work in the United States
- Males must have completed Selective Service Registration
- A valid and unexpired Driver's license or ID card.
- Social Security Number or Certificate of Birth.
- Have a verifiable background of education or experience in Automotive Service and Maintenance.
Today's transportation industry needs employees and management to join together and accomplish sustainable transportation practices. There are serious issues related to Fossil Fuel Depletion, Energy Dependence, Green House Gas Emissions, and the rising cost of fossil fuel products. These issues need real solutions.
Several career pathways and opportunities exist for the serious student.
Our Graduates will:
- Have a foundational understanding of Alternative Vehicle Service Maintenance and Technical operations.
- Improve their automotive maintenance skills to include hybrid vehicles.
- Be more employable as the market share for Hybrid vehicles continues to grow in the years ahead.
Solano Community College (SCC) offers Sustainability classes and remains an integral part of the solutions.