Solano Community College Logo, Tree breaking out of half dome.

Covid-19 Information

COVID-19 Withdrawal Agreement PDF


COVID-19 FALL 2020 Withdrawal and Excused Withdrawal Guidance

If, due to the circumstances of COVID-19, you wish to drop one or more of your courses in the Fall 2020 Semester, the following options are available to you:

  1. Excused Withdrawal (EW) – Students that did not drop classes with a W before the deadline to do so on 12/11, can request that an EW be assigned for one or more classes of which they are still registered in. You will need to complete the COVID-19 Fall 2020 Withdrawal Agreement. For students that are being billed at the California resident rate of $46/unit, refunds will be processed up to 12 weeks after the end of the semester. The deadline for submitting this form and receiving a refund is December 17, 2020. NO refunds will be given to students billed at non-resident rate. 

    After December 17, students still have one year to apply for an EW but are not eligible for the fee refund. The regular petition for an EW is found here (

  2. Grading Option – Extended Deadline for Pass/No Pass – Due to COVID-19, we have extended the deadline for students to change the grading option of their courses from a standard letter grade (A-F) to Pass/No Pass (P/NP). Please be aware that P/NP grades may negatively affect your ability to transfer that course to another institution. It is HIGHLY suggested that you contact all schools that you are considering transferring to and verifying how they will view a P/NP grade in a class that you are wishing to transfer BEFORE you elect to change the grading option for that class. The deadline for electing for a P/NP grade is extended for Fall 2020 semester only, requests will be accepted no later than 5pm on 12/17/2020.

Please note that any student requesting one of the above options that is charged at a non-resident, out-of-state or International tuition rate IS NOT ELIGIBLE for a refund.

Before you make your decision, we want to make sure it is the right option for you. Please contact the following offices if any of these circumstances apply to you:


Financial Aid
All withdrawals are included in a financial aid student’s academic eligibility calculation. Any student, who is determined ineligible for financial aid due to a withdrawal that affected either their GPA or Pace of Progress, may appeal for reinstatement based on the impact from the school closure. Any withdrawal that results in a change to a student’s enrollment status (i.e. full-time to half-time) may result in a reduced award or repayment for funds that students have already received. For more information on how withdrawals may affect your financial aid, please contact Financial Aid at

International Students
If you are an international student, the rules are different. To protect your student visa, you are expected to maintain a full course of study of 12 units. BEFORE you drop a class, please contact the International Student Program at to receive guidance on the consequences.These consequences may include your student visa being cancelled, forcing you to return to your home country.

Graduation or Transfer Requirements
Please email or go to for additional ways to speak to a counselor to get help with this.

For any questions you may have regarding your VA Educational Benefits, please contact the Veteran Resource Center via email at

Dual Enrolled High School Students
Make sure to check-in with your high school counselor before dropping classes. A withdrawal may affect your high school graduation requirements.


Your success is important to us. We want to support you in any way we can. These are extraordinary times, and we are working to ensure that we are available to you as much as possible to keep us all safe and healthy.